The first handbag to show up in written word was in the fourteenth century, but since the beginning of time people have needed something to carry their things in including Egyptians who have pouches attached to them in ancient hieroglyphics. Pictures from the Medieval period showed both women and men wearing a girdle that was like a large belt gathered about the waist and you would see a bag attached to it and hanging down. This ancient handbags were often ornate with embroidery or had sparkling jewels attached to them. They did not use them just to carry possessions but also for carrying food for their falcons, a popular pet of the era or they would hold supplies they needed for playing certain games. The Seals Bag was carried by the Lord Chancellor and it held relics of the church that were used during the mass.
The Fashion Of Handbags Through Time
Handbags became much more practical during the 16th century and were made of either fabric or leather and had a drawstring that would enable them to be opened or shut. Travelers would wear large bags made of fabric that slipped diagonally over the shoulder. In the 17th century, women would create beautiful samplers of their abilities in embroidery and this transferred to some of their purses to let gentlemen know she had these skills and would make an excellent wife.
- During this era, both men and women carried small purses when out in public. Because Elizabethan clothing was rather voluminous prestigious women wore bags under their skirts and men had leather pouches that were kept inside their breeches. Often times personal hygiene was not of importance in many countries and people of high station carried bags that were made of fabric and filled with sweet-smelling herbs and flowers.
Women always want what they can’t have when it comes to their hair. If they have beautiful, sticky, straight hair, they want curly hair and if they have curly hair, they want straight hair. That is why styling products such as hair straighteners are becoming very popular.
They give women the choice to get what they want
One day you can decide to be curly and the next day you can have straight hair that feels like satin. Women are also happy to be able to change their hairstyle based on their mood or event. Hair straighteners allow them to do this in their own homes without having to go to a beauty salon. This comfort has made hair straightener popular.
Affecting in different ways of different types of hair straightener
Different types of hair straightener affect your hair in different ways. One of the straightening features is its steam function. The function of steam provides moisture to your hair while flattening curls. This might not be the best choice for someone with very tight curls who tend to hiss in moisture. The resulting steam can create a moisture which can cause hair to tangle after you are finished. Another variation is a ceramic hair straightener.
This is the most popular variety
The ceramic version gets very hot, very fast, so it can handle tight curls much better than the steam version. Ceramics also stay hotter longer so you don’t have to worry about your hair getting cold after you’ve done your hair. Ceramic straighteners also prevent frizz. They don’t create extra moisture so you don’t have to worry about frizz. Ceramic straighteners tend to be the most expensive choices but there are fairly inexpensive options out there.…Continue reading
Depending on if you work independently or with a salon that allows you to set your own prices it can be very confusing to know when it’s a good time to increase your prices and what to increase it to as well. As a lash artist or lash business owner you can experience some resistance when you start to increase your prices but in most cases, your clients will understand. As you continue your lash training education and become a more experienced and valuable lash artist you put yourself in a position where you can increase your pricing. This is hard to do when you are just starting out and do not have the experience yet.
A business shouldn’t be a side hustle:
If you plan on running your lash business and earn a full-time income, you need to treat it like your baby and not as your side hustle or plan B. Think about how long it takes you to apply a typical set of lashes and see if you are actually able to cover yourself for a wage as well as your expenses. You should ask what your skills are worth and place a wager on your services accordingly. If you do not have the proper experience or training then you cannot be charging premium prices.
You should be able to take a break:
Making sure that you’re making a decent income and breaking even is important. Through a bit of marketing you might be able to get your clientele to the point where you are able to take regular breaks throughout the year. If it’s impossible for you to get away from your business, it may be wise for you to consider training someone using your skills or offering some type of referral discount so that you …Continue reading
All GHD salon straighteners are extremely versatile; you can straighten, curl and tame your hair all in one. Ceramic plates glide over hair without snagging and infrared heat seals in your hairs’ natural oils. Safe even for daily use, as it sounds an alarm when it gets too hot for your hair. To get the most out of your GHD salon straightener, read on.
The Right Iron
For general use, for any hair type or style, try the GHD IV styler. For straightening or softening thick, long or afro hair, use the GHD IV salon styler. If you have short or thin hair to straighten or curl, try out the GHD IV mini styler.
Prepare Your Hair
Your hair needs to be clean and brushed smooth before styling. Use shampoo and conditioner to protect your hair and rinse well, using very cold water to boost shine. Begin to style when hair is fully dry, unless you are straightening thick, unruly curls. In that case, style while hair is damp for better results.
The right shampoo and conditioner will make a huge difference in the results. For dry hair, use GHD replenish shampoo and conditioner. Fix damaged hair with GHD nurture shampoo and conditioner, which uses protein to build hair back up. For dull hair, replenish your shine with GHD guardian shampoo and conditioner.
Once your bonce is clean, dried and brushed, divide it into sections, using clips or bands. Each section should be one inch flat, or slightly larger, so it fits easily on the GHD salon straightener’s plates.
If straightening fine hair, hold the iron at a 90-degree angle to the hair, applying light pressure. If straightening curly or frizzy, use wider plates. Start at the roots, avoiding the scalp and gently glide the iron …Continue reading
Regardless of age or height, just about any man can massively improve his appearance with these steps:
1) Try to keep a clear face and skin. Use a product that was created to treat acne if the situation calls for it.
2) Shave, unless you highly prefer not to or/and you want to possibly cover up something like acne scars or/and any possible acne that’s remaining. My personal preference is to wet my entire face with warm water first, mostly then dry it with a paper towel, then use shaving liquid before using the shaver. To me this seems to be the fastest way.
3) Make sure most of, if not all of, your nose hair is trimmed.
4) If you have a uni-brow, get electrolysis or use a nose shaver on it.
5) Cut your nails and make sure they look clean.
6) Your eyes are an important part of your appearance. If your eyes look “baggy” or “sleepy”, resort to using eye drops. It’ll likely be worth it.
7) Make sure you have a great hairstyle that suits you. But if you are balding, do not try to hide it with a comb-over. It is a better idea to shave your head altogether in that case. Many women most likely do not have any problem with a shaved head, and some at least may even prefer it.
8) Among the most important tips is to keep your mouth fresh, always. Try to have at least mouthwash available for whenever you’ve finished eating. Keep having great hygiene overall as a top priority of yours.
9) Shower at least once a day.
10) This is an ultra-important one: Make sure the clothes you wear, and the style you have, match your personality! If you try to pretend that you’re a …Continue reading